On Tuesday, February 19th, Friends members are invited to our “private sale” from 5-7:30 PM (Friends memberships can be purchased that night, or prior to the date through the Bookstore). Then the book sale will be open to the general public during the normal library hours Wednesday through Saturday of that week.
The mission of the Friends of the Bentonville Library, Inc. is to establish closer relationships between the Bentonville Public Library and the people it serves; to enhance library services through financial support; and build awareness of the library resources, services and needs.
Our organization supports the library in numerous ways:
- Operating the Read it Again Bookstore
- Holding semiannual book sales in the fall and spring
- Supporting library programs such as BPL’s Annual Summer Reading Program, Bentonville’s Youth Literature Festival, Library Book Clubs, and Bentonville GeekCon
- Offering scholarships to local graduating high school seniors who support the library
- Supporting professional development opportunities for library staff
- Purchasing magazines for BPL at the Community Center
- Purchasing materials and furnishings for the library
The Friends of the Library holds monthly meetings, usually at 6:00pm on the first Monday of the month in the Rotary Conference Room.